Naazish YarKhan, CEO
Writer, editor and college essay coach, Naazish YarKhan has a Master’s degree in Communications from Northwestern University. She currently serves on the Northwestern Alumni Admissions Council. She has a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Bombay University, India. Students working with her on college entrance essays have been accepted to universities such as Tufts University, Duke University, American University, Washington, D.C. Northwestern University, Cornell University, Vanderbilt University, Smith College, Bowdoin, Northeastern University ( Boston), University of Southern California, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, University of Wisconsin, Madison, McGill University, Canada, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, University of North Carolina, DePaul University, Boston College, Loyola University, Villanova and more. In 2019 and 2020, three of her students received full rides.
Naazish’s essays have found a home on NPR, LeanIn.org, OnBeing.org, and Huffington Post, where she was a contributor. She has also contributed to over 50 international media outlets including Chicago Parent, Chicago Tribune, and Chicago magazine. As a syndicated writer for Common Ground News Service, her writing has been translated into French, Urdu, Arabic, Hebrew, Tagalog, Bahasa and more.
Naazish has worked on curriculum development for Teacher’s College, Columbia University and served as Managing Editor of Halal Consumer magazine and Chicago Crescent newspaper.
A public speaker, she frequently speaks on Islam and Muslims in America, and has appeared on PBS’ ‘Chicago Tonight’ as well as events organized by University of Chicago, DePaul University, DuPage United, and Interfaith Youth Core.
When she’s not teaching, she’s writing ! Read on!
- STORY CORPS Taskeen & Naazish Yar Khan: Forging Lasting Connections, and Giving Thanks for Family. Nov, 2017 Listen here
- PUBLIC RADIO INTERNATIONAL, THE WORLD How to Talk To Your Kids About Terrorism. May 24, 2017 Click to read
- PUBLIC RADIO INTERNATIONAL, THE WORLD Her first days in America were lonely but this immigrant from India built a life here. May 11, 2015 Click to read.
- ON BEING What Muslim Parents Tell Their Kids. May 15, 2017 Click to read
- ON BEING Revealing Ramadan. Click and Scroll down to Day 18 to Listen
- MALA NATIONAL It’s Been a Privilege Dear Daughter: A Thanksgiving Letter. Nov 24, 2017 Click to read
- CHICAGO TRIBUNE Lean In Stories: Naazish YarKhan on Taking Risks. September 30th, 2014 Click to read
- ARAB NEWS Cross-pollination Distinguishes Great Islamic Art June 28, 2012 Click to read
- ARAMCO WORLD The Synthesist . March 2012 Click to read,
- JOURNAL OF INTERRELIGIOUS STUDIES Honoring Those Who Search for Common Ground. Nov 21, 2010 Click to read
- KHALEEJ TIMES, UAE Celebrating Diversity Through Poetry. April 2009 Click to read,
Taskeen Khan, Writing Coach, Resume Consultant, Public Speaker
- Taskeen Khan, BSc, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
- Partnered with Champaign Country Forest Preserve District (CCFPD) to create educational programs for K-12 students
- Illinois Undergraduate Research Ambassador, Office of Undergraduate Research, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign: Edited Resumes and Personal Statements • Presenter at Undergraduate Research Symposium • Promoted undergraduate research at UIUC • Assisted Office of Undergraduate Research to develop student focused programs• Advised, supported, and guided undergraduate students on initiating and engaging in research, scholarship, and creative projects• Presented to classes of 20-30 students on the value of research • Liaison between academic/departmental advisors and the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, 2016. Won two silver keys for short story and Science Fiction/ Fantasy.
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, 2015. Won four Honorable Mention awards for Journalism.
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, 2015. Won Honorable Mention award for Memoir.
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, 2015. Won Honorable Mention award for Science Fiction/ Fantasy.
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, 2014. Won two Silver Key awards for Journalism.
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, 2014. Won Silver Key awards for Short Story.
Freelance Writer (2014 – Current) Taskeen has written for the Scientific publication: C.H.Cannon, C.L. Scher, A.Gao, T.Khan and C.S.Kua. 2018. Building a Tree Observatory. Acta Horticulturae. Volume 1222; Huffington Post Teen; Chicago Parent magazine, Halal Consumer, international magazine, (circulation 30,000) and Islamic Horizons, international magazine.
Yousuf Khan, Writing Coach & Public Speaker
- Northern Illinois University Scholarship Awardee
- Illinois State Scholar
- English Departmental Award
- High Honor Roll (Freshman – Senior)
- National Honors Society
- Social Studies Scholar
- Social Studies Humanitarian and Citizenship Award
- West Student Leader
- Spanish Honors Society
- Matter of Pride Character Award
- Excellence in Community Service Award from ICNA Relief
- Ray Livingston Human Relations Award
- National Merit Scholarship Winner
- President’s Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence
Yousuf has been published in Islamic Horizons magazine, Halal Consumer magazine and has served as a Time for Kids Student Reporter as one of 10 chosen nationwide. He has experience as a tutor as a member of the National Honors Society and Write Place tutoring center at Glenbard West. He placed in the Torrance Legacy Creative Writing Competition. He was enrolled in AP English Language and AP English Literature, and has taken advanced English classes throughout middle and high school. He does volunteer and mentor work with youth, giving him experience working with kids. He is also a public speaker and has presented at interfaith events and the League of Women Voters in Glen Ellyn, IL.